Last night was a little hectic but I was able to squeeze in making these inexpensive, quick lasagna rolls.
*box of lasagna noodle (Barilla is my favorite brand but only if it’s on sale- otherwise store brand is just fine too)
*2 jars of pasta sauce (I used what I had left in the pantry which was 1 jar of chunky vegetable and 1 jar of traditional)
*container of cottage cheese (ricotta is traditionally used but also expensive so I only buy ricotta if on sale and/or I have a good coupon)
*1 pound of ground turkey (cheaper and healthier than beef)
*spoonful of prepackaged minced garlic
*salt, pepper and basil
*shredded Italian cheese (I buy when it’s 3/$6 and freeze it!)
1. Preheat oven to 375 degrees.
2. In large pot boil water for pasta with olive oil and salt sprinkled in for flavor and to prevent sticking. Prepare pasta per package instuction. Strain.
3. Brown ground turkey. Toward the end of cooking add garlic, salt, pepper and basil to taste.
4. Add in container of cottage cheese and chunky pasta sauce (or whatever your sauce preference is). Stir well and set aside.
5. If pasta is still hot just rinse with cold water till you can handle it without burning your fingers. In a bake dish lay out one lasagna long ways. Spoon on meat mixture along most of the noodle in a thin layer. Start at one end and roll up the noodle like a pinwheel. Continue until pan is full.
6. Pour a thin layer of sauce over lasagna rolls and top with shredded cheese.
7. Bake for about 15 minutes or until cheese is melted. Looks fancy, easy to make and delicious!